CAUTION, IMAGINATION & COMPASSION:
HOW WE NAVIGATED THE 2019 – 2020 FINANCIAL YEAR
2019 – 2020 is a year that has seen many changes at Araluen. In 2019, we introduced a new Senior Leadership structure. A new Strategic Direction also better defined our purpose and what we need to do to “Imagine and achieve better lives” for our participants, families, carers and workforce. We headed into 2020 with new goals and an emerging path before us.
Then came 2020! COVID-19 changed everyone’s lives immediately. As an essential service providing NDIS-funded supports people require to meet their daily living needs, we:
- imagined how we could achieve better for our community
- asked people what they needed then modified supports based on what we were told
- presented creative new ways to learn, pursue goals and stay connected
- shared the position of the NDIS that continued access to safe disability services is a basic right
- kept most of our staff working and engaged
Most importantly, we delivered as many valuable services as we could to people who needed or wanted them. And we did it safely.
The social restrictions and health risks that are an everyday part of life during the COVID-19 pandemic have had an impact on everyone’s well-being. Despite all the challenges and uncertainty, Araluen has achieved much. There are many people to thank. The Araluen Annual Report 2020 summarises our year and acknowledges the people and partners who contributed. 2020 has taught many lessons that we’ll carry into 2021. After much hard work, and with the on-going support of our community, Araluen is well-placed to transition to “COVID-normal” and thrive in the future. And that’s exciting! We hope you enjoy our Annual Report.