National Disability Insurance Scheme – NDIS
Araluen is a registered NDIS Service Provider
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides funding for people with disability to access supports and services that are reasonable and necessary to lead an ordinary life. NDIS funding is designed to enable you to have a say about what supports you receive and choose where you purchase them from, giving you more choice and control to reach your goals.
How Araluen can help you through the NDIS funding process
- We can provide the services included in your plan after funding is received (providing you have a Service Agreement with Araluen).
- We offer Support Coordination to provide information on finding services and supports, link you to those that meet your needs and empower you to access them.
Do you need help understanding your NDIS Plan or finding all the services and supports you need to meet your goals?
Araluen’s Support Coordinators can help you:
- Understand the NDIS and your Plan
- Know what supports you can get with your NDIS money
- Find the right services and supports for you
- Let you choose who will support you and how they will do it
- Make sure you get good value for your money
- Help you become better able to manage your supports by yourself
- Assist you to work with the services and people you choose
- Help you prepare for your NDIS Plan review
Our Support Coordinators understand what people need to achieve their goals. They know what to look for to ensure that you receive quality, safe and reliable supports. There are many ways we can help you!
The cost of all Araluen supports and services are in line with the current NDIS Price Guide that you can find on the NDIS website.
The cost of all Araluen supports and services are in line with the NDIS Price Guide 2022-23 that you can find on the NDIS website.
Each year, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) reviews the pricing of NDIS supports and services to make sure people are receiving reasonable value for money and that disability services can afford to provide quality supports that meet participant needs. Changes to the NDIS Price Guide are usually released on the 1st of July each year.
This year’s Price Guide review is now complete and resulting changes to the NDIS Price Guide have been announced. New pricing for NDIS Supports and Services became effective on the 1st of July 2022. Araluen will adjust our pricing to match the NDIS Price Guide. Sometimes, the NDIA makes price changes at other times and Araluen will also usually adjust the prices we charge if this happens.
Araluen is quoting and billing for all supports and services based on NDIS pricing effective as at 1st July 2022.
Please also note the following:
Araluen Day Services have made the transition to the ‘Programs of Support Model’ as of January 2022.
• Under this approach, Araluen claims against the plans of all the participants who had agreed to attend an instance of support in the Program of Support as though they had attended (whether or not they did) – as long as Araluen had the capacity to deliver the support. Supports delivered as part of a Program of Support are not subject to the short notice cancellation rules.
• Programs of Support can only be offered if the duration of the program is no longer than 12 weeks and participants are able to exit from the program of supports without cost, subject to a notice period of no more than two (2) weeks.